Video is most like meeting me face to face where we would have met on a regular basis at my practice room.Learn More
If you are not comfortable with the idea of video and prefer more privacy and anonymity, then telephone therapy may be the better option for you.Learn More
If you need more privacy and discretion, then instant messaging could be what you prefer.Learn More
This policy (together with any ancillary documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you or that you provide via this website, will be processed.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat and regard your personal data.
A. Collation of Information
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website which includes requesting further services.
2. If you contact me by letter or email, records of the correspondence may be kept securely either electronically or physically in a locked cabinet for the duration of any contract entered into between us and for a period of one year after cessation of such contract unless required for compliance with UK Tax laws (6 years)
3. Details of transactions you may carry out through this site and of the fulfilment and administration of your engagement with me.
4. Details of your visits to this site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise
B. Where your personal data is stored
1. Personal data that is collected from you via any contact forms through this site will be sent securely to my email addresses
C. Right to access
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information, free of charge, in an electronic or paper format. You also have the right to ask me to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
D. Right to be forgotten
You have the right to ask me to erase any information that I hold about you. This includes your personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes, or if you wish to withdraw consent. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it’s information that I have a legal obligation to retain.
E. Data portability
As the client, you have the right to receive your personal information which you previously provided, and also have the right to transfer that information to another party
F. Uses made of your information
1. To provide you with information, or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
2. To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and myself.
3. To allow you to participate in any interactive features of this website, when you choose to do so.
4. To notify you about changes to my practice.
G. Disclosure of your information
I will protect the confidentiality and privacy of clients either prospective or actual by:
1. actively protecting information about you from unauthorised access or disclosure
2. ensuring this website and all electronic devices I maintain and use in my practice are secured by unique usernames and passwords or fingertip identification
3. taking care that all contractual requirements concerning the management and communication of your information are mutually compatible
4. ensuring that disclosure of personally identifiable information about you is authorised by you or that there is a legally and ethically recognised justification.
H. Legal exceptions
The information disclosed during the course of counselling is confidential. However there are legal exceptions. For example, if you reveal a threat of harm, or there is a threat of harm to self or to others, or if a court order is received and a legal obligation arises.
This site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other organisations or charities that I may consider helpful to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
I. IP Addresses
This website may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for statistical purposes. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, the data “controller” is Jaquetta Trueman, who can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ICO registered 12/07/18
Last updated: 20/05/2020